Sunday, August 12, 2012

2X Cook - Chicken and Meatballs.

Hi,

So tonight as part of my plan I made two different recipes. As you can tell from the title, I made both chicken and meatballs. I haven't decided if I want to post complete recipes yet, since they are really not my own -they come from various cookbooks. But anyway these meatballs are more of an appetizer but I just make them for myself as a full meal.

The meatballs are made out of general 80/20 ground beef. There aren't any quality grocery stores close to where I live so I have deal with the local big box brand Ralphs -ugh. Anyway I use a 1bs and 1/2 of meat, various herbs and spices, and about a cup of breadcrumbs and 1 egg. I just mix that all up with my hands - which can be a bit uncomfortable ~haha, then throw it in the fridge for a few hours. I have tried baking them in the past, but I have found that just pan frying them is the best, at about medium heat for something like 2-4 min per side and then flip them about 4 times or so. The best part about this recipe though is the sauce. Its. Simply. Amazing. I use 2 cups Sweet Baby Rays Sweet and Spicy bbq sauce, 1 cup seedless raspberry jelly, and 2 tbs chipotle power and its delicious, you could probably put it on just about anything its that good.

I also made a chili-rub chicken breast recipe that I am also quite fond of. Its a spice rub with various ingredients along with a barbeque sauce made with sweet onion and a mix of good flavors. I like grilling them the best, about 3-4 min per side on direct heat and then 3 or 4 more indirect. I still am getting used to the grill at my new apartment. It tends to still run hot, so I am getting them a bit too charred right now and thus the lack of a picture. When you put the sauce on the chicken when they are cooking it tends to caramelize a bit which makes it that much better. I only ate one of these tonight -which I think is a good start. I easily could have eaten all three!

Alright that's it for now. Again, I'll decide if I want to post the full recipe and then make an edit if I choose to do that. Thanks for reading.

Sincerely,

That_Guy         

No comments:

Post a Comment