Sunday, August 12, 2012

Weight Loss Sunday #1 I am Fat

Hi,

So I am going to straight out and say it, I am a fat person. I have been a fat person all of my life. Do I like being this way? No....., of course not. I have tried to change before with varying degrees of success and failure, but the ultimate end has never been an appropriate body mass index and I always return to my former ways.

But why am I like this? The problem is simple, the solution is harder. Currently I eat far too much and exercise far too little. Its not like I eat ice cream or candy bars everyday, I just eat far too much food whenever its available. I eat extremely quickly on purpose so I can eat as much as possible. I have a weakness for snack foods, and often eat the entire package. While I have been expanding my horizons, in the past I have been a picky eater and those trends still currently exist. I hate salads and all vegetables. Now while my upbringing is certainly partially to blame, as I am now an adult and make all my own decisions it has been solely my actions that leave me in this position.

While I have tried so many fad diets in the past, they have all failed me or I failed them. What happens is that I am steadfast for a few months at best, but eventually break down because of the monotony and I miss those foods in which I take pleasure. Hopefully, this time is different. What I have done is actually made a food schedule -planning out all my meals in advance for a week. I have also built variety into the plan ~ so hopefully I will not get bored and break down. This plan involves cooking 2 meals on Sundays, Wednesdays, and Fridays so I can still get fresh meals, but don't have to cook every single day. I very much enjoy cooking, but after a while I do get bored with the prep times and washing the dishes, I am hoping to avoid these symptoms this go-round.

So the other part of the equation is obviously exercise. Why don't I get enough exercise? I don't get enough exercise because I am not really proficient at any physical activity. As a child I was allowed to quit every sport I was enrolled in, and never practiced enough to show any sort of promise. I do like to just walk around and explore places, but I detest jogging/ running since I am easily winded and it starts to hurt my lungs. So my current plan is this: 1. continue to walk around places for around a half hour as I have been doing. 2. Look for interesting, non-traditional physical activities during my school's student organization fair. 3. start working with fitness taped programming -I already ordered a set online.

Currently I am 5-9 and weigh 224.4 lbs which is an approximate 33.1 BMI. This past year has been a disaster. Last September I weighed 187.4 lbs. That's a gain of 37 lbs in less than a year. My current goal is to weigh 185 lbs on November 20th by birthday. That is in about 13 weeks, exactly 93 days. I am aiming for a 39.4 pound loss which is approximately 3 pounds per week. That is not the end goal, not even close, as I would like to weigh around 165 which is approximately appropriate for my height (well perhaps a bit more than that if I am able to add muscle but I would like to get down first before going back up).

Well, that is my current plan. I am going to need some luck and determination on the way, and perhaps this blog can help. If you read this, thank you.

Sincerely,

That_Guy          

No comments:

Post a Comment